God Knows the Way that I Take
Job 23:10
There are moments in my life where I feel like, I can almost identify with some of the people in the Bible when they had to deal with their situations and circumstances. I may not completely understand but it’s come close enough. Job is one of those people in the Bible who went through some things that would LITERALLY cause many of us to lose our minds … to give up on life itself … and in some instances give up on God.
In the 23rd chapter of Job, I think many of us can understand this moment where it seems God is no where to be found but inspite of this Job has an assurance in verse 10, which says,
“But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.”
I now understand Job’s thinking, which resulted in this response in the midst of the darkest period of his life. In my own life there have been MANY things to happen to me, and around me that could have broken me down and ultimately taken me our .. “But HE [God] knoweth the way that I take …” There are 3 points that I want to bring out of this verse. I pray they give you hope to keep holding on the God as I continue to do so.
Point 1: God knows where I’m going
(“But He knoweth the way that I take :”)
We must ALWAYS keep in the forefront of our minds that God already knows what’s going on, what will go on, and what has gone on in our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 makes it clear of what God desires for our lives:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and nor of evil, to give you an expected end.”
God knows what he’s doing because he designed our life before the very foundations of the world. He has seen the before … the in between … and the after! He has carefully planned what trials to place in our lives in order to get certain victories at the right point so that we might go to new levels and move closer to fulfilling HIS plan for our lives! God knows exactly what he’s doing in our lives!!
Point 2: Trials aren’t supposed to feel good
(“… When he hath tried me,”)
There is a scripture found in the 1st chapter of James that says,
“My brethren, count it all Joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” James 1:2-3
I wrote a piece on this scripture a while back and I said that I just couldn’t get excited about this every time I read or heard this particular scripture! Trials don’t feel good and they’re not supposed to! Trials are like peroxide … when I was younger my parents would pour peroxide on wounds or cuts that my brother and I had. When they poured it on it hurt unlike any other discomfort we had ever felt (at least for me) and within a few minutes you could see puss coming out. Yep, I thought I’d get that reaction out of you! This may not be the most beautiful illustration but I think it is very accurate because our trials affect us in the same way. Trials are NEVER fun, they are NEVER easy to go through and they are NEVER easy to face, but they, like peroxide, are designed to bring our the impurities that will keep us from getting better!! God knows what he’s doing, so no matter how tough the trials, keep in mind, that you can only get better from going through your tests!
Point 3: I will come out BETTER than before!
(“… I shall come forth as gold.”)
God knows what he’s doing and out trials will prove that because in the end you have a glow and presence about you unlike any other. I can attest to this fact in my own life. I can literally take pictures of myself from over the years … or just from 2000 until today … and there are obvious changes that have taken place, not just on the outside but on the inside as well. Those who k now me know that my life model is the Butterfly, but this verse uses gold. Some of us maybe familiar with the process of gold, gold earns its name (so to speak) by enduring the fire. If we can endure the fire we will come out looking and feeling like we never have before!
I want to encourage someone, as I encourage myself, God knows EXACTLY what he’s doing our lives! Our trials come to make us better and when we make it through the test, we will come out with a luster and a shine that lets others now that what should have destroyed us only made us better!
“But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” Job 23:10
© Copyright LaTrisha E. Milton January 16, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Trish, this is absolutely amazinggg...Wow. You dont even realize how much of an impact every single one of these posts has had on me tonight. I can relate to every single one. You, my love, have an AWESOME gift.
Post a Comment