"Silence Moments"
Jeremiah 1:5
I have been on a 3 day fast and God lead me to eat only 1 meal a day, and only drink liquids there after, no internet outside of work, no music in the house or in the car, no television, and no phone after 8:00pm. This has been the most quiet time of my life besides when I am sleeping at night. This has also been the most uncomfortable time simply because I have been forced to be alone with myself and my thoughts.
Silence according to the dictionary is:
- an absence of sound
- forbearance from speech or noise: stillness
- to refrain from expression: suppress
Silence (God's revelation to me), is the place where not only the things around us are still but it is the place where after the outside is turned off you can hear loud and clear those things on the inside that are still rattling, loose and out of control. It gives God an opportunity to deal with you and those things on the inside. Silence is the place that we are the most vulnerable beacuse, it is in the silence that we must face our true selves and watch God move in our lives. Sound and noise keeps us from hearing and even seeing those things that we should be focused on. Unfortunately, so many believers miss out on what God wants for them simply because they don't take the time to be still in the silence.
In the first chapter of Jeremiah around the 5th verse, God and Jeremiah had a conversation and it was God who started it. Here's what he said,
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet to the nations."
What a way to start a conversation?! I can imagine that Jeremiah, as young as he was, had to be in a "silence moment" in his life to receive such an awesome message from God. As you continue reading, you will find that Jeremiah tries to explain to God why he is not the one for the job and God seals the deal by anointing and equipping him for the assignment in verse 9:
"The Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."
In our "silence moments" God will not only reveal our assignments but he will anoint and equip us. I am so glad that no matter how we may try to convince God of why we're not the ones he simply gives us what we need so we will not have an excuse to quit.
There are so many other examples in the word of people who I believe had "silence moments" and they received their assignments and anointing from God and went on to do awesome things for him. We can look at the stories of Abraham (leave your family and go to a place that I will tell you once you get there), Moses (You are the one I will send to tell Pharoah to let my people go), David (a man after God's own heart who DEFEATED the giant Goliath), Solomon, Paul, Jesus... the list goes on and on.
This message is short but simple. Take time to have "silence moments" because it is in those moments that God has an opportunity to share his plan with you. You will have a chance to respond to God but in the end your response will mean nothing because you will be equipped with everything you need to complete your assignment!
(c) Copyright LaTrisha E. Milton August 15,2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment